378 people from 48 different countries tuned in for the event
Effects of COVID-19 on the Middle Eastern Internet
MENOG 20 will take place as a virtual meeting. We will host a panel discussion on the effects of COVID-19 on the Internet in the Middle East region.
The world has been taken by surprise with COVID-19, which has had a significant impact on almost every aspect of our society. From working from home, remote learning to everything we have accepted in the past few months as the new life style norms, this online session looks at how different sectors such as public policy, technical operations and collaboration platforms adapted to allow the region to continue to function. The discussions, driven by experts from the community will provide an interesting insight into the way the Internet operates.
Session format: Panel
Moderator: Hisham Ibrahim
– Abdul Rahman Al Marzouqi, Director Cyber Security at UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
– Ahmed Ali Vice President at Cyware Labs
– Marco Brandstaetter, Regional Director Middle East & South Asia, UAE- IX
– Nermine El Saadany, Regional Vice President for the Middle East at Internet Society
– Taha Hussain, Sr. Product Solutions & Capacity Management at Batelco
We will be focusing on:
- Emerging policy regulations to support ICT businesses during the pandemic
- Handling the unexpected increase in Internet traffic
- Trusting e-services as necessities
Support MENOG 20 through a virtual sponsorship. In return for support, here’s what our sponsors will receive:
Visibility before and during the meeting with the placement of the Sponsor’s logo
- On the meeting homepage with a link to the sponsor’s website
- On the post-meeting report sent to the attendees and published on the MENOG Meeting website
Distinction at the meeting
- Acknowledgement in the opening and closing
- Logo on the intermission slides used before the meeting starts and during the break
The virtual sponsorship package is available for an investment of US$ 1,000.