The RIPE NCC acts as the secretariat to this Network Operators Group (NOG) and is the host of this website.
2. Personal Data
The RIPE NCC respects the privacy of your personal information and is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide. The Legal Statement applies to all personal information the RIPE NCC processes through this website, including the collecting, publication, sharing and usage of personal information.
2.1 The RIPE NCC provides services and activities that may require the processing of your personal information. These include:
- Mailing lists: messages including name, email address, date and message content are published in the mailing lists and mailing list archives;
- Event registration administration for meetings, training courses and other organised events: The RIPE NCC may publish lists of attendees on this or another website hosted by the RIPE NCC as part of its commitment to open and transparent policy development. These lists contain the name of the attendee and their organisation, but no contact details or other personal details. If your name has been published on this or another website as part of the attendee list for an event or meeting and you wish to be deleted from the list, please contact meeting [at] ripe [dot] net.
2.2 The RIPE NCC may use contact details provided in relation to the above activities to send you relevant information on its activities and services, such as announcements on meetings, training courses and other organised events. The RIPE NCC may also occasionally forward public messages to a particular mailing list if it is relevant and appropriate for that list.
2.3 Data collected for the above purposes may be transferred to third parties engaged by the RIPE NCC in the provision of such services. The information shared in these cases is limited to that required for the respective purpose and is subject to those other organisations providing equivalent levels of security and protection.
2.4 In addition to the above, the RIPE NCC may register, process or transfer your personal data where such is required pursuant to a statutory duty.
- Are strictly necessary for the provision of the services that are available through the website and facilitate your use of these services (e.g. to identify you when you are logged in)
- Improve your experience by recording information about your settings (e.g. your location)
- Collect anonymous statistical information on the use of the website that help us improve the performance of the RIPE NCC website (e.g. the number of visitors to each part of our websites and their origin)
- Help us study the IPv6 capability of visitors by making sure that your IPv6 capability is only measured once
3.3 Some of these cookies described above are deleted once you close your browser. Others are set for longer periods of time.
A cookie banner may not always appear on websites operated by the RIPE NCC where there are only strictly necessary cookies or no cookies at all and therefore the visitors’ consent is not required.
For detailed information about the cookies used by the RIPE NCC, the purpose of these cookies and the period they remain active, please see the list of cookies.
4.1 You acknowledge that any and all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights subsisting in or used in connection with the RIPE NCC Materials are and shall remain the property of the RIPE NCC. Except as explicitly provided herein or noted for specific RIPE NCC services, the RIPE NCC Materials may not be used, reproduced and made available to third parties without prior written authorisation from the RIPE NCC.
4.2 “The RIPE NCC Materials” are any materials contained on any webpages whose domain name includes ripe.net, menog.org and enog.org. The RIPE NCC Materials do not, however, include materials on this website that are written by third parties not employed or commissioned by the RIPE NCC. Any intellectual property rights in such materials may reside in that third party. The RIPE NCC is not responsible for the content of any materials created or written by such third parties.
4.3 The RIPE NCC Materials may be used for private purposes, for public non-commercial purpose, for research, for educational or demonstration purposes, or if the materials in question specifically state that use of the material is permissible, and provided the RIPE NCC Materials are not modified. Unless authorised by the RIPE NCC in writing, any use of the RIPE NCC Materials for advertising or marketing purposes is strictly forbidden and may be prosecuted. The RIPE NCC should be notified of any such activities or suspicions thereof.
4.4 Please be advised that no copyrights originate with the RIPE community but instead with the creator of the material, whether that be the RIPE NCC or any other individual or organisation whose material appears on this website.
5. Terms of Registration for MENOG Meetings
5.1 The RIPE NCC excludes all liability for any direct or indirect damages during or due to the meeting, including damages to the attendee, attendee’s business, loss of profit, damages to third parties, personal injury or damages to property, except in cases involving willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the RIPE NCC.
5.2 The attendee allows the RIPE NCC to use and make publicly available any video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations or pictures that capture the attendee’s presence at and participation to the meeting. In case the attendee shares any video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations or pictures of the meeting on social media or any other channel, the attendee indemnifies the RIPE NCC of all possible or future claims of third parties regarding this material. The RIPE NCC shall not be liable for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts or any errors and mistranslations thereof.
5.3 The RIPE NCC shall publish a list of attendees on the website as part of its commitment to open and transparent policy development. These lists contain the name of the attendee, their organisation/affiliation and country. The attendees themselves may add other contact details or personal details.