The Call for Presentations (CfP) deadline has passed, however lightning talk proposals can still be submitted.
MENOG attendees prefer non-commercial presentations, and product marketing talks are strongly discouraged. Repeated audience feedback shows that the most successful talks focus on operational experience, research results or case studies. For example, presenters wishing to describe a commercial solution should focus on the underlying technology and not on a product demonstration.
Presenters who are proposing a panel are encouraged to include speakers from several (perhaps even competing) companies and/or a neutral facilitator.
In addition to the presentations selected in advance for the Plenary, the MENOG Programme Committee might also offer time for “lightning talks”, which are selected immediately before or during the event.
It is important to note that presentations delivered at MENOG are publicly archived on our website after the meeting. Please keep this in mind if you are intending to present any sensitive information that you do not want to make publicly available.
The following requirements apply:
- Proposals for presentations and panels must be submitted no later than 15 September 2023, using the meeting submission system. Proposals submitted after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Presenters should indicate how much time they will require (20-minute slots are granted for presentations and 45-minute slots for panels).
- Proposals for talks will only be considered if they contain at least draft presentation slides (slides may be updated later). For panels, proposals must contain a clear description as well as names of invited panellists/presenters.
- The abstract of a proposal should be submitted in English. Presentations themselves can be submitted and given in English or Arabic, as we use simultaneous translation.
- To avoid technical issues, it is expected that most, if not all, presenters and panellists will be physically present at the meeting.
- Lightning talks should be submitted using the meeting submission system. They must be short (10 minutes maximum) and usually cover more timely topics. These presentations can be submitted at any time. The allocation of lightning talk slots will be announced one day prior to the relevant session.
If you have any questions or requests concerning content submissions, please email the MENOG PC.