Are you an experienced network professional willing to share your expertise and unique insight with peers in the Middle East? Or have you a great idea or new concept you’d like to share with your colleagues?
MENOG 17 takes place from 19-20 April 2017 in Muscat, Oman.
The MENOG Program Committee (PC) is seeking submissions from network operators, researchers and technology specialists in the Middle East to give a technical presentation during the conference.
Potential topic areas could include:
- IPv6 deployment
- HTTP and non-HTTP content filtering; anti-spam
- Internationalised Domain Names (IDN) and localisation
- NREN (National Research and Education Networks)
- ISP operations, peering and Internet Exchange Points
- ISP network security
- Data centres, applications and services
- DNS and DNSSEC
- IP Address Management
If you would like to participate in the MENOG 17 program, please submit your proposal AND draft slides to our submission system for review.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- When considering a presentation, remember that the MENOG audience is mainly comprised of technical network operators and engineers with varying experience levels.
- Conference presentations should address issues that ISPs and network operators could face over the next 12-18 months in their day-to-day operations. Conference presenters should plan for a 25-minute presentation followed by a 5-minute Q&A period.
- Please note that marketing/commercial content will not be considered. The presenter should come from a technical background, not sales/marketing.
Deadline and Notification of Accepted Presentations:
The deadline to submit is 19 March 2017.
The MENOG PC (Program Committee) will confirm whether your presentation proposal is accepted before 1 April 2017.
Late submissions that are exceptionally timely or of critical operational importance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Funding and Support:
MENOG is a not-for-profit event that aims to keep the cost of attending as low as possible for attendees. For this reason, MENOG is unable to subsidise the cost of travel for speakers.
For any program related questions please email menog-program [at] menog [dot] org
On behalf of the program committee