The MENOG Fellowship Program provides basic assistance for successful applicants from the MENOG region1 to encourage participation in MENOG. The fellowship covers (partial) transportation costs and the costs of local accommodation associated with attending MENOG meetings and related events.
The MENOG Fellowship Program is open to anyone from the Middle East who is actively involved in the development of the Internet. People in the following roles will be considered: Network engineers and operators, decision makers in government institutions, educators, trainers and representatives from non-government organisations and from the private sector.
The successful applicant will be provided with assistance to cover partial transfer meeting fee and accommodation. The funding will be organised with each successful candidate.
Expenses other than accommodation and travel (such as meals) are not covered by the Fellowship Program and are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The successful applicant is obliged to submit an evaluation form after the meeting is over.
Criteria for Selection
The MENOG Coordination Committee will select the participants for the fellowship program according to following criteria:
- Will play an active role on the development of the Internet (see ‘Eligibility’ above)
- Has residency in a Middle Eastern Country1.
- Demonstrates ability to utilise the experiences that will be gained from attending MENOG Meetings and MENOG sponsored events.
- Is willing to return to MENOG as a presenter or trainer in future.
- Has not been awarded a MENOG fellowship for the past 3 years.
The Fellowship application for MENOG 15 is now closed.
For MENOG Fellows
In order to get the most out of MENOG Meeting experience, we explain our expectations for MENOG Fellows.
1: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen